2023-2024 Match Cycle Applicants!
We are committed to the CORD Application Process Improvement Committee Best Practices.
- Initial interview invitations will adhere to the Common Program Interview Release Date: 10/18/23.
You can begin scheduling interviews at 6pm on 10/19/23
- All interviews will be conducted on a virtual platform
- We do not invite more applicants than slots available. Applicants will have a minimum of 72 hours to accept or decline the interview before the slot is released to another candidate. Additional invitations may be sent on a rolling basis.
- In-person second look days will be offered for applicants who have interviewed. The second look serves as an opportunity for applicants to know the program better for their own benefit. We will make every effort to minimize effects on ranking based on participation or inability/lack of participation in the second look. The dates will be shared with invited interview applicants only.
All applications must be received through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). The following minimum requirements must be met before your application will be reviewed:
- ERAS Common Application
- Minimum of 2 SLOEs
- USMLE Transcript or COMLEX Transcript for categorical or combined EM applicants.
- We do not have a minimum score. At this time, Step 2 is recommended but not required.
- Personal Statement
- Medical School Transcript
- Medical School Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- ECFMG Certificate (if applicable)
International Medical School Graduates
We welcome applications from graduates of medical schools outside the United States. In addition to meeting the application requirements listed above, you must also fulfill the following criteria before your application will be reviewed:
- Must be certified by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- J1 visas may be sponsored by our institution, however our program prefers not to sponsor visas
- Preference given to those that have completed a transitional year of clinical experience in the United States
Application Review Process
Interview Process for Combined EM/IM Program Applicants
Combined Emergency Medicine/Internal Medicine applicants will interview on a single day with the EM/IM program faculty. After interviewing for the combined program, you may also rank our categorical EM program separately.
If you have been granted an interview for one of the combined programs, you will be automatically considered for our categorical program. You do not need to schedule an additional interview, and can rank BOTH programs if you wish.